An exciting opportunity has arisen for a confident and flexible person to take on the day to day responsibility of running our 2 on-site TASCC accredited grain laboratories as well as the onsite weighbridges across two sites. The candidate will be expected to perform calibration checks, as well as perform other quality control activities within the laboratory. The role will take on the efficient running of the grain storage facility including tasks such liaising with the grain store supervisors and haulage manager at key timings. The position will also encompass working closely with farmers, grain merchants and respective hauliers to deliver an excellent service as well as ensuring quality systems and standards are maintained.
The candidate must be prepared to work long hours and weekends during peak periods (harvest).
- Analysing grains using various equipment and methods
- Reliably generate records and communicate accurate results using appropriate communication tools.
- Perform internal quality checks, calibrations, and maintenance of lab equipment to ensure accuracy of results.
- Report, when possible fix and raise any breakdown issues with the relevant departments.
- Test, report, review monthly the UK grain network reports.
- Organise laboratory equipment annual service for both sites.
- Perform Gas Chromatography testing.
- Responsibility for updating laboratory procedures.
- In charge for TASCC audit for both sites.
- Be able to competently operate laboratory equipment.
- Support and maintain electronic databases and timely documentation of results and generate spreadsheets as required.
- Report end of month stock returns to customers.
- Interview, appoint and train the seasonal harvest team within the laboratory.
- Responsible for maintaining a lab environment that is clean, orderly and safe. Maintain stock of supplies; communicate needs to purchasing agent.
Key Skills to Include:
- Excellent communicator and organisational skills
- Computer literate
- Accurate keeping of stock records on Excel
- You should be good at planning daily work for yourself and when required the harvest team.
- Be able to demonstrate a high standard of both verbal and written skills
- Full training can be provided – practical experience of the agricultural grain industry or TASCC would be advantageous.
- Competitive remuneration depending on experience
- Private Healthcare (after 3 months of service)
- Pension (after 3 months of service)
- 24 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification: Full driving licence
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.