Laboratory Harvest Student
Students will work alongside the Laboratory Technician and will be expected to perform calibration checks, as well as performing other quality control activities within the laboratory. The role will assist in the efficient running of the grain storage facility including tasks such liaising with the grain store supervisors, haulage and farm at key times. The position will also entail working with farmers, grain merchants and respective hauliers to deliver an excellent service as well as ensuring quality systems and standards are maintained.
The candidate must be prepared to work long hours and weekends during peak periods (harvest).
- Analysing grains using various equipment and methods
- Reliably generate records and communicate accurate results using appropriate communication tools.
- Be able to competently operate laboratory equipment.
- Support and maintain electronic databases and timely documentation of results and generate spreadsheets as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a lab environment that is clean, orderly, and safe.
Key Skills to Include:
- Excellent communicator and organisational skills
- Computer literate
- Accurate keeping of stock records on Excel
- Be able to demonstrate a high standard of both verbal and written skills
- Full training will be provided.
- Excellent accommodation (Barn Conversion)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Dedicated full time team to work with in a hardworking, safe and friendly environment
Start date: Early/Mid July
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.